Being a GIRL

Brought up with love
"You are a free bird."
I was always told.
Dream big and fly high
We'll be with you, beta!
Never halt your flight.
I was a dandelion
Floating and dancing 
With every breeze.
How clear, how lovely and bright
How beautiful was my life!
How the sky glows 
With glee.
When this bird was set free,
On an open sea.
I was my own sunshine,
The hope of my own.

Today I shall be strong
It's time to be someone else now.
Days to be lost, I know not how.
Past touch and thoughts and sound,
Search no further it'll not be found.
How hopeless is to be dust,
Settled in the ground.

The flight now stopped,
Not a mere stream flowed.
The free bird has lost her path,
An open sky is now past.
The depths of my pain
None can comprehend.
Only I can understand
What my heart beholds. 
Humanity abandoning the human
Is an irony old.

When the dawn nears,
Chaos will be swallowed up by the stars.
When the light unfolds,
I'll titter at the depth of my scars.
My bedsheet will not remember 
The struggle for long.
But I'll make it mine forever.
To pain, I'll secretly belong
I'll keep my eyes shut
A new story they'll tell
Can't reveal to them my wounded exteriors
It's not something they should behold
My story might kill the sight
But can never murder the vision
For these eyes to know
Humanity abandoning the human,
Is an irony old.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enchanted

Like a S.P.R.I.N.G